Welcome to our new podcast, The Explorer!
I’m excited to start this show. We were looking into ways to interact closer with you, there’s so much that we know and have access to that would be helpful for our international dentist community and we wanted to be able to help as many people as possible for free, so we’ve started this!
The shows will either be in an interview or solo format – for interviews we’ll have guests that have something to share with you, success stories or experts in the field. For solo shows, I’ll be answering questions that the audience has – so your help is needed here. If you have a question or topic you’d like me to talk about during the show, you can send it in through this page. To say thank you, if your question gets featured, we’ll give you a copy of my book for FREE!
Okay to dive into today’s show, we have an awesome guest Dr. Noha Nour. She’s a graduate of the UCLA PPID program – she totally excelled in school in so many different ways she ended up graduating with honors. She did the Preceptorship program at UCLA first and learned a lot from it. She’s incredibly open and honest in the interview and has a lot of advice for you, enjoy!
And please let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. We’re making this show for you so we want to make sure that you’re enjoying it, so any comments or feedbacks, let us know!
In This Show We Discuss
- Why Dr. Nour joined the Preceptorship Program before applying for the Advanced Standing Program.
- Her Experience in UCLA Restorative Dentistry Preceptorship Program, how UCLA trains you to see patients (yes you treat patients in that program)
- Does the preceptorship program increase chances for advanced standing program acceptance?
- How much work does it take to get good with hand skills for the bench test?
- Letting go of a couple of acceptances
- Her secrets to getting lots of interview invitations with just a 87 NBDE I score and no part II
- Memorized answers for an interview? Why it doesn’t work
- Why she said “I don’t like research” during her interview
- Advice she has for applicants
- Getting involved with extracurricular activities in the PPID program & saying yes to opportunities
- What she would change in the UCLA PPID program
- Finding a job in Southern California, how does it look?
- Student loans and the pressure
- Any regrets? What would you do differently if you had to do it all over again?
- Does the preceptorship program guarantee acceptance?
- Advice she has for those who get an interview invitation
- Pride that dentist’s have and how that gets in your way of success
- Who should think about doing the preceptorship program, and who shouldn’t
Links Mentioned in this Show
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for joining me today.
If you’ve enjoyed this show, please share it with your friends using the sharing buttons on the bottom of this page.
Also, please leave us a review and rating on iTunes. It will motivate us to do more, and we’ll read every single one of them.
If you have any questions head on over to this page to send in a question that I can answer during a show. You’ll get your question answered in great detail, and will also get a free gift!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Click Here to Download the Transcript for Show 1 (PDF)